[lbo-talk] How to Deconstruct Almost Anything

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 22 12:13:46 PST 2006

Jerry wrote:

>I think certain kinds of ways of thinking are harmful, at least to
>thinking about poetry and history, if not in other ways.

In this day and age, I think we should thank the deep void for anything that gets people thinking about poetry and history.

>I don't like institutions that perpetuate intellectual priesthoods.

That counts out anything produced in a university, including the things that have your nihil obstat. And how are you not acting like a priest by finding some ways of thinking harmful?

>Do you think that you have addressed anything by pulling a phrase out
>about "vision"?

That was addressed to your saying that you try to be "non-theoretical". I only wanted to say that doesn't seem possible.