[lbo-talk] Re: Fidel

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sat Dec 23 11:08:07 PST 2006

> The Cuban government has committed human rights abuses, but has it
committed, for instance, a massacre of homosexuals

When a government through intentional practices murders queers, drives others to suicide, and causes yet others to die from the consequences of their savage incarceration, that is a massacre.

> It looks to me that Western leftists have trouble grasping facts of human
rights violations in poor countries, especially when it comes to countries that are on the USG's bad list.

Either a government respects the rights of sexual/bodily self-expression and control or it doesn't. Do the rules governing one man sucking another man's cock change according to a nation's GNP?

Brian