[lbo-talk] Re: Fidel

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 12:51:28 PST 2006

On 12/23/06, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:I ask you the same question I asked Chuck: do you want the Miami Cubans back in power and Cuba as whole flushed the way the Nicaragurans were?

What is this the Granma editorial pg., Proyectville or Workers World? Nobody here wants that. Likely though the Cuban power elite does and just like the Chinese CP which it emulates it will appropriate the M.O.P, distribution and exchange for its own interests and negotiate w/foreign capitalists from Spain, Miami and elsewhere for joint ventures. For the first time in decades a real class struggle will begin with independent unions emerging to contest the strangehold of the official unions, purely an instrument of labor discipline now. The CP would likely win a free election but, would for the 1st time have to contest for power vs social and christian democrats and neo-liberals, some within the CP some outside as I say above.

-- Michael Pugliese