[lbo-talk] The NY Times Xmas Wish: Ask Santa For More Troops

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 24 15:38:39 PST 2006

>From: Cseniornyc at aol.com
>
>The New York Times continues its inexorable shift to the right and chooses
>Xmas eve to express its enthusiastic support for the Bush/Cheney's demands
>for larger troops. It claims that: "Larger ground forces are an absolute
>necessity for the sort of battles America is likely to fight during the
>coming
>decades" But it doesn't explain why the logical necessity of the statement

Yes, the timing and substance of this editorial are revolting. I was particularly stunned by this sentence: "The need for more troops has for some time been obvious to Americans." What has been obvious for some time is the need for *less usage* of US troops worldwide.

Quite a turd in the old Xmas stocking from the NY Times.

Carl