[lbo-talk] Fidel

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Dec 28 16:37:54 PST 2006

Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Joanna writes:
>
>> I am taken aback by the reaction on this list that the only
>> motive for quarantine would be gay bashing/oppression.
>

> Isn't the real problem that people don't know they have it?

That's part of the problem, but unless you want to argue that quarantine is never justified....because with every disease, there are those who have it and don't know they have it -- the "germination" period, as it were....then you have to explain to me why it's ok to quarantine with some and not with AIDS. Cholera was not a good example, but doubtless there are good ones.

Joanna