[lbo-talk] Re: Brian On "Brokeback Mountain" & "The Reception"

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 1 13:24:25 PST 2006

Dear List:

Jim writes:

> given the prevalence of homophobia, isn't that a good
thing in many ways?

Not when the context of the movie says that being queer is a violation of nature.

Dennis writes:

> That's one of the things that makes Douglas Sirk's
movies so good I think. He worked for years in theater before making movies and was thoroughly familiar with Greek tragedy.

In interviews Sirk said he called on the shade of Euripides to help him out with IMITATION OF LIFE.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister