[lbo-talk] Re: Brian On "Brokeback Mountain" & "The Reception"

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:08:31 PST 2006

On 2/1/06, BklynMagus <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> Jim writes:
>
> > given the prevalence of homophobia, isn't that a good
> thing in many ways?
>
> Not when the context of the movie says that being queer
> is a violation of nature.

well, as I said in response to Yoshie's comment, I don't think that Breakback Mountain says that homosexuality is a violation of nature. I think it's reading too much into the movie.

As for "unnatural love," what about that in King Kong? -- Jim Devine "The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." -- James Baldwin