[lbo-talk] OK, Nathan

Grace Loehr divinegracie at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 1 18:00:25 PST 2006

> Ahem. Hello? anyone heard about a little town on the
> shores of Lake Michigan that has a well known
> relationwhip with organized crime and deep
> comnnections with unions (at least historically) in
> the "fly-over" states, Michigan, Wisconsin, Kansas,
> Missouri, Nevada, and so forth?

Oh right. And Boston and Providence too. But those are exceptions to the rule. And thank god the nurses haven't taken up with the mob. That would be too depressing. Truckdrivers, ok. Pipefitters and elevator operators too. Just not the nurses.

Doug

Don't worry about the nurses. We deal with much scarier than the Outfit (as it's called in that wonderful large midwestern city on the Lake) on a daily basis -- the ANA (sellout professional organization representing corporate nursing interests, not staff nurses), hospital management, national medical organizations, the bean counters running the modern hospital corporation, &c -- the corporate, Fortune 500 monopolization of health care in the USA. The further up the health care food chain you go (ie advanced practice nurses, midwives, CRNAs, &c) the worse it gets. State regulatory agencies, nursing boards, lobbyists representing various medical, hospital, and insurance co. interests, all restricting our practice, are all much scarier than the mob. I'd rather deal with the mob -- they're pretty straight up and honest what they're about compared to these other goons.

Grace -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/enriched Size: 1513 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20060201/751c10b6/attachment.bin>