[lbo-talk] Re: Brokeback for gay men and small girls?

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Wed Feb 1 19:44:02 PST 2006

Kelley wrote:

> At 08:31 PM 2/1/2006, Emily Gordon wrote:

>> So women and gay men? Open-minded people should get past the tired

>> misogyny of "fag hags" and ask more questions.

> I'm sorry you are straight! I'm in lust!

> I was going to joke with Brian about the line in his forward that

> said it was soft porn for women looking for men-on-men action.

> I like the HOT hard porn men-on-men action!

Gimmeabreak. The moment at that movie that i tuned out for good - total end of suspension of disbelief, followed by being bored to tears watching great gobs of mediocre acting - was the sex scene. Unless the bottom had been the whore of babylon for the last decade or had been fisted by the bear all afternoon there is no way that he gets grabbed and a second later they're ecstatically assfucking. Look, like Justin when anyone talks academic philosophy, i assert authority about assfucking movies. Every movie i can recall having watched in the last year involved some assfucking (except Astra Taylor's "Zizek!") and by far the worst phoniest pathetically unbelievable so-called performance was Brokeback Mtn.

john mage