[lbo-talk] Re: freedom, double standards, etc.

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 08:00:47 PST 2006

Having visited what remains of every Nazi death camp during my time in Poland, I am simply shocked to come across these “deniers.” I don’t believe in jail time for these people, but I am all for denying them public access to spread these lies. On my Russia list, if someone wrote what I read on the LBO on this subject I would ban them in a heartbeat!

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote: Marvin Gandall wrote:

>Not the word I'd use. If you want to bleed for them, go ahead. They're
>fascists, plain and simple, and while they shouldn't be in jail for
>preaching hate there are much greater "disgraces" to be concerned about
>which ought to be occupying our attention. Didn't think it'd be necessary to
>make these distinctions here.

Yeah, I didn't either. I don't think Holocaust deniers should be jailed, but I really wouldn't waste more than a few keystrokes making that point. Though they'd have to be on any list of the unjustly imprisoned, they're way down on the priority list.