[lbo-talk] Re: freedom, double standards, etc.

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 5 12:17:39 PST 2006

Chris Doss writes:

> If my uncle had been put in prison for basically being
> gullible and stupid, I would have considered that a
> disgrace. See, you're not related to any of these
> people, which gives you a different perspective. ;)
>
> --- Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>> Not the word I'd use. If you want to bleed for them,
>> go ahead. They're
>> fascists, plain and simple, and while they shouldn't
>> be in jail for
>> preaching hate there are much greater "disgraces" to
>> be concerned about
>> which ought to be occupying our attention. Didn't
>> think it'd be necessary to
>> make these distinctions here.
----------------------------------------- I don't want your uncle or anyone put in prison for expressing ideas, no matter how gullible or stupid. I thought I made that clear. But I'd oppose your uncle and his friends foisting this stuff on ourselves and others, and I'd imprison them if they committed violent acts, without hesitation.

I don't think it is a matter of being related to your uncle or not. What's "blood" got to do with my "perspective", and why do you allow it to influence yours? Fascists are found in all national groups, and I oppose them all indiscriminately, neighbours and relatives included, as necessary. So should you.