[lbo-talk] Iran and the Left in a Moral Snare

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 10:20:07 PST 2006

--- Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Israeli threat to use a-weapons can be countered is
> if a nearby enemy of
> Israel achieves nuclear weapons.

How concrete is Israel's threat to use nuclear weapons?

And why is the "Anti-Imperialist" Left (I use capital letters to differentiate from the merely anti-imperialist left) always looking for potential allies among "nearby enemies" of Israel?

I know that in the United States, conservative groups are always using the anti-semitism stick against any left force, but I can't help but think that the left does not do much to counter this effectively, especially when the left (or leftists, if you prefer Carrol) treats Israel as somehow worse than any other sub-imperialist capitalist state.