[lbo-talk] How Gay Are You?

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:49:10 PST 2006

I recently did two 60-question quizzes that Simon Baron-Cohen (Sasha's cousin) put on the GUARDIAN web-site. If I didn't think of myself as having mild Asperger's syndrome, I probably wouldn't have done so poorly on the Empathy scale. While I was doing the quiz, it was impossible to not think about "what this question is testing" and to consciously or unconsciously answer in terms of my self-image. The same goes for the gay scale. Since being gay isn't as totally acceptable in society as it should be, a lot will end up grading themselves as totally hetero.

(BTW, my score on B-C's Systematization test was average for males.)