[lbo-talk] Berlusconi-olympics-political opportunism

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 19:18:46 PST 2006

--- c p <cpthron at hotmail.com> wrote:

> This is probably a widespread newswire story by
> tomorrow

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/02/07/sports/s093215S43.DTL

I suspect that from their point of view they have reason to worry about EMBARASSING protests (not acts of terrorism). Turin, where I lived for 5 years, is a true hotbed. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, protesters do there. The italians tend to be very creative in this regard. -Thomas

"...everytime we move it ahead, it's thrown back. But the base camp has been made, and the next wave will come and find your wreckage, and they'll be encouraged to go beyond that."

-Timothy O'Leary

"I want to do something with my life; I want to be a cyborg."

-Kevin Warwick