[lbo-talk] Berlusconi-olympics-political opportunism

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 8 08:04:35 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> But wouldn't you have to listen to it then? Yuck. I'd rather watch Fox -
> it's so much more fun.

Fox is so predictable. NPR and its fans are under the delusion that they are somehow more accurate, refined, and educated than Fox News and its fans.

Progressive radio is just as bad. I just got done listening to David Barsamian, who in today's installment ran a dreadful speech by liberal Jim Hightower. Barsamain does some good interviews every now and then, but most of his guests are the same group of LIBERAL/LEFT BIG NAMES WHO ARE OLDER THAN 50. Barsamian would impress me if he interviewed some young hip hop activists or somebody with a fresh political opinion.

As for Hightower, yuck, a bunch of liberal pablum seasoned with the liberal version of the Toastmasters manual of cute aphorisms. Oh yeah, that quip about cat food helping you heard cats was really funny.

Jesus Christ, KKFI is playing "What the World Needs Now." Time to switch to NPR. I can't stand the liberal peacniks who run KKFI programming in the mornings. They remind me of the crap that infested WPFW when I was living in Washington.

I don't want to hear your hippy protest music!

Chuck