[lbo-talk] response to Fitch on single-payer

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Feb 8 13:27:27 PST 2006

John Lacny:
> But Nathan! Fitch is truthy, not facty. That's what we like
> about him around here.

I am not sure what you want to say here, but I just started reading his book "Solidarity for Sale" and what he says there looks rather "facty" to me. I wish he was a bit more general by providing an overall assessment of how widely the corruption and mob control are spread among the unions, as well as explain the reason of union penetration by the mob (as he states in the introduction, gangsters do not control European unions), but I am still at chapter 2.

In any case, attacking the messenger does not strike me as the very effective way of addressing issues identified in the message. If the US unions are so good, why are they so bad in protecting interests of the working class?

Wojtek