[lbo-talk] Rabbi Michael Lerner using the Antisemitism card against the US Green Party

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 09:54:55 PST 2006

On 2/11/06, Michael Perelman wrote:
> Rabbi Lerner was at the university of california, Berkeley when I attended grad. school. What an awful person! He would give talks at Sproul Plaza telling students to go out and protest, always dressed in coat & tie. I never saw him in the streets.<

I once saw him giving a lecture to Sproul Plaza (wearing a suit), telling students about his concept of "surplus powerlessness" (derived from Marcuse's surplus represseion and Marx's surplus value). No-one was listening. Ever since, I have that pathetic image of him in my mind whenever I hear his name. -- Jim Devine Bust Big Brother Bush!