[lbo-talk] Rabbi Michael Lerner using the Antisemitism card against the US Green party

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Feb 11 14:04:19 PST 2006

Brian wrote:

>> Israel gets lots of aid from the United States, to the point
>> where it could almost be considered the 51st state.
>
> So? If China got a lot of aid from the US you might then be
> stirred to action?

I sure would, and so would most leftists. End the US aid to Israel, Egypt, Colombia, and all other countries it gives money to directly or indirectly through the National Endowment for Democracy, American Center for International Labor Solidarity (ACILS), Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), International Republican Institute (IRI), National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI), etc.

> Then let's add it to the list of reasons to call for divestment
> from China.

The call ought to be the other way around to make economic sense: it is Beijing (as well as Tokyo) that is supporting the US government fiscally, not the other way around. Beijing (and Tokyo), divest from the US dollar! That divestment -- if it ever happened, which I doubt -- would shake up everything in China (and Japan) and the United States and beyond.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>