[lbo-talk] union money

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 12 08:34:59 PST 2006

Marvin Gandall wrote:

> I think the question which always needs to be asked is whether the
> liberal/social democratic parties still retain the allegiance of the mass of
> politically progressive trade unionists and social movement activists who
> are our political kin, and, if so, how do we best connect with them given
> their present consciousness?

This is what the vast majority of leftists have been doing for 50 years, and each year the left and workers in general are weaker than the year before. Do you really want to continue to pursue a strategy which will eventually have us trying to decide between two parties, both of which are to the right of Reagan Republicans and Thatcher Tories?

Carrol