[lbo-talk] union money

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 12 09:14:29 PST 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:34 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] union money>

-------------------------------------- The vast majority of leftists, including those who made revolutions, have viewed the matter this way for a lot longer than 50 years. But we've been over this so many times you know my answer. It's essentially twofold: a) the issues separating conservatives and liberals are not insignificant, especially as concerns the existing rights and goals of the social movements, which is why they continue to support the latter over the former, and b) it seems idealist to me to think you can devise a "strategy" to sever their current political relationships any more than you can conjure up a strategy to overthrow capitalism in the absence of a social crisis and mass protest, which amounts to the same thing.