[lbo-talk] Illinois as model for Democratic agenda

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 13 16:18:41 PST 2006

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

>I have no children nor do about 40% of the couples I know. All I see
>in this program is that someone making
>$60,000 in Illinois gets their kid insured for a fraction of what it costs me

It's a great thing to insure poor kids, don't get me wrong, but kids are a great risk from an insurance POV. They rarely get sick, and when they do, it's usually minor. Grownups get seriously and expensively sick. But there's a lot of political points to be earned by insuring kids - they're innocent and all that.

Doug