[lbo-talk] Cheney speaks!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 15 10:12:53 PST 2006

Thomas Seay wrote:

> > ...to Fox, at 2.
>
>Would someone explain to me why this is a big deal?
>People get excited when hunting and, if they are not
>careful, they do something stupid like Cheney did
>here.
>Yes, he has apparently been trying to avoid coverage
>of it, but I dont see that this has any real political
>ramifications. Am I wrong?

I don't know squat about hunting, but the experts all say it's Cheney's fault, and he's acting like a Dick for not admitting it. Plus it makes him look like a guy who shoots first and asks questions later. Kinda familiar, no? And, aside from the victim's suffering, it's pretty damn funny. This makes Gerald Ford's golfing, Jimmy Carter's killer rabbit, and George HW puking on the Japanese PM all look like child's play.

DOug