[lbo-talk] Dov Weisglass on the Palestinians: "We have to make them much thinner, but not enough to die'"

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 13:30:40 PST 2006

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
> Israel's expansionist and yes, genocidal, policies

Goofy formulations like this show how unhinged the discourse of sections of the Anglo-American left have become regarding this question.

Israel's occupation policies are pretty nasty on their own terms. They are definitely nothing close to genocide.

I haven't read enough Freud to sort through all the projection involved in the regular use of terms like "Nazi," "fascist," "genocidal," etc. when describing the Israel/Palestine conflict.

I think it's pretty hypocritical that the same Leftists who (correctly) rise up in indignation whenever Washington's enemy-of-the-month is cast as the new Hitler seem to think it's okay to indulge in the same sort of rhetorical overkill in the case of Israel.