[lbo-talk] A New Name for "Estate Tax"?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Feb 18 12:36:32 PST 2006

> "Many"? I thought empirical study of the issue - not,
> of course, that that matters in politics - has found
> almost no instances of that sort of thing.

Not to put too fine of a swag on it, but think about your own business: will it survive your death? Mine sure won't, and mine isn't even a sole-proprietorship; for various reasons, we're a C corporation, the business type most likely to 'be a standalone entity' ... many of my friends have started small businesses in the last 20 years, almost none of them will survive their death.