[lbo-talk] WSJ: how to sound like a hawk without being one

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Feb 22 12:15:40 PST 2006

Nathan Newman wrote:
>So isn't it better to sound like a hawk than to be one? Wouldn't you
>rather Dems score points by bashing UAE emirs than advocating killing more
>Iraqi civilians?

-No. I'd rather they'd drop sounding like hawks. This is idiotic -posturing of a low but all-too-typical sort.

And your purity on opposing any "posturing" is politically insane.

Bush's whole basis to lead wars is based on his credibility in being dedicated to fighting terrorism. To the extend that credibility is undercut and is seen as being more loyal to oil interests than the American people, it makes new wars far less likely.

-- Nathan Newman