[lbo-talk] WSJ: how to sound like a hawk without being one

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 22 12:21:06 PST 2006

Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]

No, it reinforces the "permanent war" master narrative, and makes wars more likely, since in the unlikely case that a Dem wins based on this nonsense, he (or she) would have to start a war as proof of toughness. Dems can't out-tough the Reps; Kerry tried, and it blew up in his face. They're not convincing as the Tough Daddy party and never will be.

Doug