[lbo-talk] AP: Destruction of mosque pushes Iraq towards all-out civil war

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 23 11:45:03 PST 2006

Leigh Meyers wrote:

>Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>>Why would they want to do this? How are US and/or Israeli interests
>>served by civil war in Iraq? It makes no sense.
>>
>>But I don't really get why AQ or The Resistance or whatever wants
>>Iraq in civil war either. What's the point?
>>
>Multi billion dollar weapons systems for a start.

Oh please. That's the crudest sort of vulgar Marxism, and you're not even a Marxist. Having Iraq go up in flames could drive oil to $200 and send us into a depression. Our rulers can be nutty & short-sighted, but not that nutty & short-sighted.

Why does every bad thing in the world have to be authored by the US or Israel? That's white-man's-burden thinking with the signs reversed.

Doug