[lbo-talk] eminent domain

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:54:59 PST 2006

On 2/23/06, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:
> This is yet another example of how reactionary the Left has become - defending private property against public use. This is where I really part with the Left altogether - I am not just for the eminent domain, but against private land ownership altogether.<

I'm all in favor of "public" (i.e., state) ownership of the land -- as long as the state is controlled by the people. But it isn't. Federal, state, and local governments are controlled instead by business, sometimes in alliance with other groups such as fundamentalist Christians.

Woj, I'm surprised that you're such a "public property" enthusiast. In Eastern Europe until 1990 or so, wasn't such property controlled by a monopoly Party? -- Jim Devine / Bust Big Brother Bush! "There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality." -- Pablo Picasso