[lbo-talk] eminent domain

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 23 16:00:11 PST 2006

Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]

Fuck, I'm not against eminent domain for real public improvement purposes, but I think those should be narrowly defined. Awful things have gone on in the name of urban planning; we've just heard some examples from LA, and I know of plenty from NYC and New Haven (the laboratory for urban renewal). There's a real prob with eminent domain as it's actually practiced, and it's not just right-wing cynics playing on crude populist sentiments.

Doug