[lbo-talk] eminent domain

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 09:36:09 PST 2006

Michael Pollak wrote:

> Still Joanna's right -- despite those dastardly origins, it's
> magnificent.

Thank you. Yeah. Not that a beautiful park is a higher cause than a successful integrated community, but at least it's a gorgeous public park (except when Cristo's in town) rather than a Target.

I went to see the Alhambra in Grenada some years ago, and I remember being absolutely blown away by its beauty, the most sensually beautiful building I have ever seen & definitely made me revise my notion of what was possible architecturally. And I realized at the time that this too was bought at the price of blood and exploitation and suffering, and yet there seemed to be a difference between it and the Bank of America World Trade Center in SF, where I served as a graveyard shift security guard for two years. Both fortresses in their own way.

Joanna