[lbo-talk] Re: Liza & Doug have a kid

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 2 12:32:52 PST 2006

divinegracie at earthlink.net wrote:

> Yep -- blows my mind every time I'm privileged to attend one. The original divison of labor:

women have babies, men don't. (Everything else in labor theory is up for grabs.) Birth is the most numinous, sacred event there is, and it happens everywhere: refugee camps, high tech hospitals, in taxicabs. I think the fact that women can create entire new human

beings in their bodies, and unadulterated fear of and resentment of that fact by men,

is the foundation of repression and demonization of women across the world in all historical epochs.

Do guys really resent and fear the fact that women can create babies? I know I don't!

Chuck