[lbo-talk] Bulgakov's cult novel glues Russians to TV

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 06:55:38 PST 2006

It's by the same director who did the TV adaptation of The Idiot a couple of years ago. The Russian movie industry is going pretty well. Day Warch* (the sequel to Night Watch) just came out, there's 9 Rot (on the Afghan War), the film adaptation of And Quiet Flows the Dawn a couple of years ago, etc.

*Hollywood bought the rights to an English-language adaptation of that one. I wonder how that's going.

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> That is such a greata book.....I guess Hollywood
> wouldn't have a clue
> about how to turn it into a movie.
>
> Is there any chance they'll syndicate it on U.S. TV?
> HBO maybe?
>
> Joanna

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com