[lbo-talk] Bulgakov's cult novel glues Russians to TV

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 08:16:25 PST 2006

I wrote:

> *Hollywood bought the rights to an English-language
> adaptation of that one. I wonder how that's going.

I just found out. The third in the Night Watch series is being filmed by the Russians and by 20th Century Fox in Moscow and New York for a budget of $50 million. And it looks like the Hollywood adaptation of the first one is coming out shortly. (Or is it a dubbed version? The cast is all Russian): http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/

Tarantino compares the director of the Russian version to Ridley Scott.

This is the largest grossing movie in Russian history.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com