[lbo-talk] Abiotic Oil vs. Peak Oil

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 16:08:44 PST 2006

> On Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:23 PM [PDT],
> Chip Berlet <c.berlet at publiceye.org> wrote:
>
> > The headline can be:
> >
> > Two Cranks Case Oil
> >
> > -cb
> >

> Mike Ruppert has the background and the ability [LAPD detective] to
> do a reasonably structured analysis of any issue he'd care to tackle.
>
> How about you Chip? Do you even KNOW what abiotic oil is?
>
> Credentials please?
>
> Leigh

Ruppert is a bit off. Is there a topic he doesn't consider himself an expert or near-expert on?

Being an LAPD detective hardly qualifies one to pontificate on petroleum. The ability to do detailed stuctural analysis would certainly be helpful for a detective but to imagine that it is an inherent ability of police detectives is wishful thinking. I have known some detectives whose ability to analyze much of anything was pretty dismal.

I know what abiotic theory oil is. I have Dr. Golds book but I just started it (yes I know it's a few years old but I don't always get to read things as soon as I'd like) and cannot yet comment specifically on it. It is an interesting theory that suffers from some problems a few more than the currently held theory.

It's seems unlikely to be accurate but stranger things have happened. Maybe I'll be persuaded it isn't extremely improbable as a theory by Gold's text but I'm going in skeptical. He's not a geologist so he is a bit out of his element.

Even if I believed the abiotic oil theory was correct the "Two Cranks Case Oil" comment would still be funny and accurate. Corsi is really nuts and it's being charitable calling Ruppert just a bit off. The debate on abiotic oil is certainly worth engaging in but nothing of significance will be added by these two.

John Thornton