Curled LipFest (Re: [lbo-talk] West Virginia Miners)

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Fri Jan 6 17:41:08 PST 2006

At 08:26 PM 1/6/2006, Carrol Cox wrote:

>Thomas Seay wrote:
> >

> > I find this absence rather peculiar. Guess most US
> > leftists have disdain for the hicketeriat.
>
>Isn't it rather cheesy to use the deaths of the miners as an occasion
>for a cheap sneer?

What was he sneering at? Wouldn't it be helpful not to sneer back and take issue with what he wrote and show it to be wrong -- by advancing an argument about what's wrong with what he's doing 0 -- if in fact he's doing it?

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe you have a point, but by mocking him (or anyone else) it's just not going to get very far. I can see the use of mockery if you've given up -- as I've chosen to do with some posters on the list and folks in Blogoliciousville -- but if the aim is to work with people than aren't we all owed the benefit of an argument so we can learn something. Thomas might not and may continue to do what he does. But others are reading and we may benefit.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org