[lbo-talk] West Virginia Miners

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 19:49:39 PST 2006

--- Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Isn't it rather cheesy to use the deaths of the
> miners as an occasion
> for a cheap sneer?

I would be glad to be proven wrong (and am glad that John pointed me to the MR piece) but the oft-repeated criticism of the US left being more interested in International issues and identity politics than domestic labor issues (I am as guilty as the next person of this) seems rather apparent in this case.

I dont know why my comment is cheesey. I am quite sensitive to this particular tragedy given that it happened quite close to where I grew up.

-Thomas

"...everytime we move it ahead, it's thrown back. But the base camp has been made, and the next wave will come and find your wreckage, and they'll be encouraged to go beyond that."

-Timothy O'Leary

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com