[lbo-talk] India: 10 million missing girls

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:32:59 PST 2006

Sorry, this is interesting to the biologist in me.

Ecologists only count females in many animal populations. An anti-female behavioral bias (and some species show them at times) almost alway results in lower population, more conflict among males and separation of populations - at least in lower animals.

The profound moral questions aside, it seems to me that this, as a practical matter, is not good for India.