[lbo-talk] Leninist/Maoist Finance? boddi

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Mon Jan 9 18:21:15 PST 2006

At 4:21 PM -0800 9/1/06, boddi satva wrote:

>If, as a consumer, you don't like the cars that are produced, you
>don't have to buy one.

Yes I do, there's no public transport in Bracknell. Its too far to walk into the city and they don't have what I need here.

> But what about as an investor? When should
>financing be pulled from a car factory that produces lemons? What's
>the threshold and who decides?

When you judge it to be unprofitable I suppose. If its still profitable to make lemons, then you'll keep doing it.

That's the problem for those who confuse markets with democracy, there's an irreconcilable conflict of interest between profit value and use value. You can't have it both ways.

>As a saver who voted (wither with
>wallet or ballot) to support a car factory, how do you remove your
>support if things are not done properly?

A "saver"? You mean a capitalist? People don't invest their money in a factory to "save", they can save money into a bank account with no risk. People invest in car factories to make a profit, that is in the hope of qualifying for a share of the unearned wealth created by selling lemons and ripping off the workers who make them.

When I hear such people being referred to as "savers" it rings a bullshit-alarm in my head. Why don't we just call a spade a spade.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas