[lbo-talk] Susie & JT

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 10 07:42:36 PST 2006

B. wrote:

>I'm really intrigued by this. So, basically, Laura
>Albert, a 40 yr old failed rock musician, created this
>fictional entity, "JT LeRoy," which was played at
>public appearances by her step sister, so that she
>could get a career in film and publishing? "JT LeRoy"
>is now an associate producer and has written for
>Deadwood, etc., novel contracts, scripts, etc. Weird.
>http://www.jtleroy.com/

Evidently. But I was also wondering if there was an intention to put one over on on the liberal cultural elite - to reveal how their political sympathies would overwhelm their weak intellects showing them as hopeless softies, etc.

Quoting Dennis Claxton:

>I never got around to ordering a penis bone.

I got one for free, through a friend of a friend of a friend. Glad I didn't spend any money on it, but it's kinda cool.

Doug