[lbo-talk] A Case for a Higher Gasoline Tax

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 10 10:02:41 PST 2006

jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com wrote:

> > Higher gas taxes, however, could be rebated through an
>> income tax credit for the lower brackets.
>
>Are you a big fan of taking with the right and giving back with the left?

By the way, I was reflecting on the fact that the fancy shopping bags used by the splendid fancy NYC food market Citarella <http://www.citarella.com/> are made in China. We usually throw them away, try as we do to find secondary uses. The fact that disposable plastic bags are transported here from China suggests to me that even now, at over $60, oil is way too cheap.

Doug