[lbo-talk] Make wild shit up about yourself, get rich and famous

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 09:54:13 PST 2006

>From The Smoking Gun's piece:

"And then there's the time in Paris (he's [that is, James Frey's] supposedly fled to Europe after jumping bail in Ohio) when, on his way to commit suicide by throwing himself into the Seine, Frey stops into a church to have a good cry. There, a 'Priest,' while pretending to listen to Frey's description of his wrecked life, makes a lunge for Frey's crotch. 'You must not resist God's will, my Son,' says the priest. A vicious beatdown ensues, with Frey possibly killing the grasping cleric, whom the author kicked in the balls 15 times. Mon dieu!"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0104061jamesfrey1.html

-B.

Chris Doss wrote:

>Oooh, the eXile's going to loooove this.
>
>Frey's Fairy Godfather
>By John Dolan ( dolan at exile.ru )

[...]

>Could it be true? Could this rugged survivor
>be no more than a trust-fund boy with a gift for
>woofing?
>
>I know where I'd put my money. But I can't claim to
be