[lbo-talk] communist witches were not spectral

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 08:35:18 PST 2006

--- Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> I'd say those nine witches were probably
> progressives for their time and
> place. I'm pro-witch in general ,myself. I favor the
> witches over the
> powers-that-be in Salem. Weren't those witches
> feminists, women's
> liberationists ?

No, they weren't. They weren't witches at all (in any sense). Moreover, a quarter of those killed were men, including Salem's ex-minister, who was believed to be the leader of the coven.

I was under the impression that the girls who started the whole thing were doing it for the attention. That's the impression I get from reading their depositions against Sarah Goods, which I paste their below (God how I wish they had spell-checkers in the 17th century -- I know spelling has changed but this is internally inconsistent). Evil semi-literate scumbags.

(Elizabeth Hubbard v. Sarah Good)

The Deposistion of Elizabeth Hubbard agged about 17 years who testifieth and saith that on the 28 February

1691/92 I saw the Apperishtion of Sarah good who did most greviously afflect me by pinching and pricking me and so she continewed hurting of me tell the first day of March being the day of her examination then she did also most greviously afflect and tortor me also dureing the time of her examination and also severall times sence she hath

afflected me and urged me to writ in her book: also on the day of hir examination I saw the Apperishtion of Sarah

good goe and hurt and afflect the bodyes of Elizabeth parish Abigail williams and Ann putnam jun'g and also I have seen the Apperishtion of Sarah Good afflecting the body of Sarah vibber also in the Night after Sarah goods Examination. Sarah Good came to me barefoot and bareledged and did most greviously torment me by pricking and pinching me and I veryly beleve that Sarah good hath bewicked me also that night Samuell Sibley that was then attending me strok Sarah good on hir Arme

(Ann Putnam, Jr. v. Sarah Good)

The Deposition of Ann putnam Ju'r who testifieth and saith, that on the 25th of February 1691/92 I saw the apperishtion of Sarah good which did tortor me most greviously but I did not know hir name tell the 27th of February and then she tould me hir name was Sarah good and then she did prick me and pinch me most greviously: and also sense severall times urging me vehemently to writ in hir book and also on the first day of march being the day of hir Examination Sarah good did most grevioulsy tortor me and also severall times sence: and also on the first day of march 1692 I saw the Apperishtion of sarah good goe and afflect and tortor the bodys of Elizabeth parish Abigail williams and Elisabeth Hubburd also I have seen the Appershtion of Sarah good afflecting the body of Sarah vibber

Anne putnam

ann putnam owned this har testimony to be the trugh one har oath, before the Juriars of Inqwest this 28: of June 1692

And further says that shee verily beleives that Sarah Good doth betwitch & afflicte her

Sworn before the Court

(Susannah Sheldon v. Sarah Good)

The Deposistion of Susannah Shelden agged about 18 years who testifieth and saith that sense I have ben afflected I have very often ben most greviously tortured by Apperistion of Sarah Good who has most dredfully afflected me by bitting pricking and pinching me and almost choaking me to death but on the 26. June 1692 Sarah good most violently pulled down my head behind a Cheast and tyed my hands together with a whele band & allmost

Choaked me to death and also severall times sence the Apperistion of Sarah good has most greviously tortored me by biting pinching and almost Chaoking me to death: also william Battin and Thomas Buffincgont Juner ware forced to cutt the whele band from afe my hands for they could not unty it.

And farther s'd Sheldon upon giving in this testimony to the grand jury was sezxed with sundry fits w'ch. when she came to her self she told the s'd jury being aske that it was s'd. Good that afflicted her & a little after Mary Warren falling into a fit s'd. Sheldon affirmed to the

Grand jury that she saw s'd Good upon her, & also a sauser being by invisible hands taken of from a Talbe & carried our of doors s'd. Sheldon affirmed she saw said Sarah Good carry it away & put it where it was found abroad.

Susanah Shelden oned this har testimony to be the trugh efore the juriars of Inquest on the oath which she had daken this 28 of June 1692.

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/ASA_GOOD.HTM

Nu, zayats, pogodi!