but teacher! the test! was Re: [lbo-talk] Class dismissed....

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jan 15 09:17:05 PST 2006

I believe there was a book back in the late '50s or early '60s entitled _The Tyranny of Testing_ that had material relevant to this discussion. (I may be wrong on the title but not on the general content of the book.) The point of going back to such earlier treatments of the subject would be to underline that the 'problem' didn't start with the No Child Left Behind act -- that in fact that act merely carried a bit further what had been an nightmarish weight on u.s. education for at least half a century.

Carrol