[lbo-talk] Woody Allen's latest stupid movie

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 00:41:34 PST 2006

I don't normally see Allen's movies because they are boring, and depressing. But my sister broke her foot two days ago and she wanted some company....so off I went.

This latest "Match Point" (a kind of "Room at the Top" meets "Talented Mr. Ripley" ) is not only a piece of boring, misanthropic, moralistic tripe -- that much I expected -- but, he keeps repeating two of the loveliest operatic themes around ( a bit from "Pearl Fishers" and a bit from "L'Elisir D'Amore"), thus ruining this music for me for the forseable future, as every time I will hear it I will think of his stupid piece of crap movie.

How this guy keeps getting money to make more derivative snorathons, I just don't get.

Give it a big miss!

Joanna