[lbo-talk] The party of "Big White Men"

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Mon Jan 16 10:23:09 PST 2006

Thanks to Debz for the pointer. Figured Geege would lurv it.

Quote of the week, found in NY Post's Rush & Malloy, 1/16/06:

Martha Stewart, Sigourney Weaver, Walter Cronkite, Harry Smith and Stone Phillips checked out Eugene Jarecki's Sundance-winning documentary, "Why We Fight," the other night. The film explores how we got to Baghdad, starting with Dwight Eisenhower's 1961 warning about a swelling "military-industrial complex." At the screening, co-hosted by Ike's granddaughter Anne Eisenhower, Jarecki recalled interviewing Ike's son Brig. Gen. (Ret.) John Eisenhower. "He was going on about what a bastard [President] Bush was," Jarecki told us. "I said, 'Aren't you a Republican?' He said, 'Damn right, and I voted for him.' I was always told the GOP was the party of big white men. I'm a big white man, but I found out the big white men were the ones most to be feared.'"

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org