[lbo-talk] further proof Bob Woodward is a prick

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 16 10:29:47 PST 2006

Raleigh News & Observer - January 15, 2005

Mr. Woodward isn't talking A bow for the bass

MATT EHLERS, Staff Writer

King Bob apparently has no time for the serfs.

Bob Woodward, famous Watergate reporter, editor-for-life at the Washington Post and occupier of the high throne of Important American Journalism, is coming to UNC-Chapel Hill on Tuesday to speak at the Kenan-Flagler Business School.

We wanted to get him on the phone for a story, but a rep said Woodward wasn't "granting" interviews, the way a king or a pope might decline to "grant" an audience.

Hmm. So his highness makes a living with the interview but doesn't like to "grant" them.

Woodward will draw a nice paycheck while he's in the Triangle avoiding us, however. According to the business school, he will make $26,250 for the speech.

Perhaps next time we'll approach the throne on hands and knees.