[lbo-talk] Woody Allen's latest stupid movie

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:01:17 PST 2006

> > wasn't it Mark Twain who said "Wagner's music is better
> > than it sounds"?
>
> I don't know; it's also been attributed to Oscar Wilde.

according to a quick Google, it was Mark Twain, quoting humorist Bill Nye (not the science guy).

-- Jim Devine "When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it." -- Clarence Darrow

"The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." -- James Baldwin