[lbo-talk] The US Power Elite: Undawnted

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:36:49 PST 2006

> Don't forget that gas prices are a 70 cents off their September
> peaks. The correlation coefficient for the monthly average of gas
> prices and the Gallup Bush approval rating since Jan 01 is -0.81.
>
> Gas prices have been rising for the last few weeks; look for Bush
> approval to stall or even reverse.

also, there's a good correlation (I'd bet) between the price of gasoline and the number of references to "Hubbert's Peak" on lbo-talk, pen-l, etc.

BTW, T-Bone Pickens seems to believe in Peak oil (see http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5159144)

-- Jim Devine "The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." -- James Baldwin