[lbo-talk] Stock options

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Tue Jan 17 13:51:00 PST 2006

OK. So, maybe we'll work out a deal with a company to get paid our floor rate -- that's the rate below which we're not making enough to make it worth our time -- and get the rest in stock options.

since making our floor rate is better than no rate, okeydoke. Plus, this is for a one-time only small project and then we'd move forward to get paid the market rate for the services.

What are stock options. You get stock in the company and then cross your fingers that the price goes up in value. Bitch is always one to figure that the stocks will _fall_ in value with her luck, though.

So, would you negotiate something like this: instead getting stock options that would raise the rate up to market level, get stock options that would raise your rate up more than that?

This would be for a company, btw, that Michael Perelman would love. :)

"Scream-of-consciousness prose peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org