[lbo-talk] FORMATTING OF Rat on Your Leftist Prof,

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 17 14:00:40 PST 2006

Jim Devine wrote:

> I looked at this program. All it does is what Notepad and similar text
> editors can do very easily, i.e., a global replacement of all the ">"
> in a file. The big problem is instead the weird formats that e-mails
> and web-pages come in, with different uses of manual returns and the
> like.

No. It does more than that. single spaced lines are gathered into a paragraph, while double spaces (or lines with only a >) are kept as double-spaces (paragraph break). Sometimes with html coded posts you do have to first run them through notepad. But stripper is best for eliminating stairstep posts and replacing hard returns with soft returns.

Carrol